Saturday, January 11, 2014

Fight Club for Blondes, Page inking



First Pass) Rough pencils for fight scene, not bad, I need to concentrate more on getting these figures tighter at this stage, may switch to a rough sketch in blue pencil then refine in fine lead.
Second Pass)Lining the fight, problems with feet and hands - need to work on that, got ahead of myself again, I can draw the anatomy, I just rushed ahead.
Third Pass) Decided to skip the background colour - couldn't decide what to do and after the sky on the last past, it's best to just avoid it. The shadows are okay, needs a better sense of drama and contrast, need to look at some other pages - there was a great fight in an issue of Global Frequency that I'll go back and check out for future reference.
Summary - Not bad still at about 60% satisfied with what I'm doing, still have to slow down and work more intelligently.
A.Shay Hahn
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment