Thursday, January 9, 2014

JFK and The Robot With No Eyes



The next two panels are a medium shot of each character, the first cat in the suit reminds me of JFK, the second character I decided would have no eyes - only because of how the figure looks in the first panel.
I'm using Staedtler pigment liners for the black work, 0.5, 0.7, 0.8 and a skinny 005 Prismacolour Premier for the finer lines. The colours are a mix of everything from Copics to Crayolas.
The content of the story isn't important to me, this could be the first page or the tenth page of the story, it doesn't matter, it's just about fitting figures into panels and having them interact.
I will post character sketches and other sketches at this blog but my primary goal is to have things happening inside comic panels, trying different angles and styles until I develop a way of working that I enjoy.
A.Shay Hahn


No comments:

Post a Comment