Monday, December 15, 2014

Second Issues, Digital Hybrids




 
After a few days of puttering around getting the house ready for Christmas and having some friends over to watch Kung Fu movies I started the second issue of Battle Rally. With this issue I have combined  using models of vehicles the I've built and importing photos of them to trace in Manga Studio 5 and actual manual drawing of characters/scenes. Battle Rally is very different from the other two books since it is so heavy with vehicles and instead of driving (get it "driving") myself crazy getting the lines right by free handing and using rulers I'll just be photographing the cars, trucks, planes etc. and developing them digitally.
I haven't decided if I'll work on this issue exclusively or work on Homeless G-Men and Crypto Zombic all at once, I'm just going to let the story ideas come and see where they take me.
For the month of January I'll be posting mainly drawings here,  I have a show of my comic themed work coming up in February at Seven Crowns Tattoo shop and will be focusing on drawing pin ups of some of my favourite comic and movie characters.
A.Shay Hahn
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment