Friday, January 23, 2015

Hellboy, Marv, Wonder Woman, Kitty Pryde




Here are some of the one-offs for the show at Seven Crowns Tattoo, first up Hellboy, I love the BPRD Universe, Hellboy isn't my favourite character, I would find it difficult to pick a favourite. I read Lobster Johnson, BPRD, the Abe Sapien series, Slegdehammer, you name it. Mignola and John Arcudi, Guy Davis, Tyler Crook and the incredible James Harren have created a great universe for these misfits to run around in.
Marv was a request from my buddy Dillon, and I wanted the show to be fan generated, that people would get to see characters they loved done in my style.
Wonder Woman, I wanted to draw her in Darwyn Cooke's  "New Frontier" armor, I also wanted her to be larger and tougher than life, she's an Amazon, she should tower over normal men and have an experience of war and battle that is palpable.
Last we have Kitty Pryde and Lockheed, I'm old enough to have owned the John Byrne issue where Kitty joins the X-Men, the issue where she is alone in the X-Mansion and battles that demon was one of my favourite single issues when I was growing up.
A.Shay Hahn
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment