Monday, January 26, 2015

MODOK, Beast, Black Widow and The Joker





Here are a few more pieces that I'm still tweaking for the show at Seven Crown's Tattoo on Feb. 7th. First up MODOK, there is much love on the Internet for MODOK, I have yet to read the new Secret Avengers series where he's in his new armour it looks great but this is the MODOK we know and love, so I decided to let him head out for a day at the Ballpark.
If pressed I would have to say that Hank McCoy is probably my favourite character in the MU, he's also been evolved into different forms over the past few  years by numerous artists and he currently looks like an ape but this version of Beast will always be my favourite. From the old days of arriving at Xavier's mansion as a more normal looking fella to this iteration that palled around with Wonder Man the Beast is the King.
This drawing of Natasha still needs some work, I want the background to have more going on and I know where it's going, it's just going be a lot of finicky little lines.
Last up we have the original rocker The Joker, everyone loves the Joker he has to be the best villain the DCU and I wanted to do a real dastardly punk version of him, I figure Joker showing you his crotch was the best way to go.
More drawings to come and I'm still waiting for Battle Rally to arrive from China, that will be THREE comics available at the Seven Crowns Party.
cheers, stay safe Eastern Seaboard!
A.Shay Hahn


No comments:

Post a Comment