Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Lion Robot, Mal and The Horror



Top to Bottom, The Horror From the Umbrella Academy by Gerard Way and Gabriel Ba
Lion Robot from Kill All Monsters by Michael May and Jason Copland
Mal from Lumberjanes by Noelle Stevenson and Grace Ellis
Every morning I'm doing at least one warm up before getting to the Homeless G-Men pages that I'm working on, so here are three characters from three great series that I hope you check out, I only bought the first issue of the Umbrella Academy and then something must have happened to me because I didn't get the rest when the series was published in 2007, it's a fun, edgy read and Gabriel Ba is one of the best artists out there, I have even chosen a little police car that he drew for one of my next tattoos.
The Lion Robot is from Kill All Monsters are great trade that I picked up last week (see post below) and Mal is character from a new comic that I think is a lot of fun called "Lumberjanes" which I think has huge all ages appeal.
Alright time to walk the dog and then get back to "Champin" and the other stories
A.Shay Hahn
don't forget my show is still up at the Press Club until the end of the month (850 Dundas West) proceeds from sales of drawings go to the printing costs of Homeless G-Men
 

No comments:

Post a Comment