Wednesday, April 30, 2014

We're Gonna Have a Good Time


Here's one of the first promo pieces for The Homeless G-Men, I'm doing them to lock in main character designs, this is Swinnerton Hale. I grabbed the name Swinnerton from my friend Jay Swinnerton who is the force behind the band Tarantuela. It's such a great name and I think it fits the character perfectly.
I'm using "We're Gonna Have A Good Time" as the catchphrase/slogan for the series I want readers to instantly know that they are in for a fun run with this book.
The only drag with designing these is trying to make the figures fit in a way that reveals what is written behind them, there are nine Homeless G-Men that we meet in the first book so I have eight more chances to get it right.
I also screwed up that left leg so badly that I may have to redo this whole thing, which is fine, I have lots of time.
I have been working like mad on pages, I was going to post a lot of work in progress shots but I have too many photos on the go to keep track of them all so I'll just be posting work like this and successful or unsuccessful panels.
Don't forget Free Comic Book Day is Saturday so be sure to head out buy some comics and get some free ones - comics are fun - we're gonna have a good time
A.Shay Hahn
 

No comments:

Post a Comment