Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Workloads and Wise Decisions

 
Really happy that I chose to go back to the standard comic format, I started blocking in the first Homeless G-Men story "Jawbonin" and have four roughed in pages today that I'm very happy with. I like the concept for the story, the humour and how each page intros the characters in the story. This first one will be the learning curve, there is some improvisation involved with this one as I didn't write a script but I know the story and just need to block it in correctly, the total for the whole thing may only be 16pages, but it will be a fun run full of mobsters, mad scientists and aquatic fisticuffs.
The Homeless G-Men is starting to feel a lot like Eric Powell's series, "the Goon" of which I am a fan but I know the arc of the characters is very different, more on that later.
Ordered some sample books from Print Ninja so I'll be able to get a handle on the size I want for the book, I will admit I'm not great with numbers so getting some of their books will really help me nail down how many stories I want to tell in the first book.
Happy Earth day, do something nice for the planet
A.Shay Hahn
 


No comments:

Post a Comment