Monday, April 21, 2014

More Thoughts on Printing and Poor Service

 

 


Hey there I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend, I decided to get the studio set up today and now it's cleaner than it has been since I first set up over two years ago. I feel pretty good about working downstairs now and everything is just where I need it.
This was the highlight of my day unfortunately I am now rethinking doing a "landscape" style book, the printer that I wanted to use in Toronto is not really delivering on customer service, I was trying to get a postcard (a simple postcard) printed by them and since their website is having problems I would have to pay for them to set it up for me on their end - that's just wrong - it's your problem I shouldn't have to pay for it, you just lost a customer.
 Glad I did a trial run through them instead of taking my book their to be printed and getting the same response.
I am now looking into "PrintNinja" doing the book, if my calculations are correct I can get 1000, 60 page black and white glossy paper with a colour cover graphic novels for around $2000.00 US dollars, that is a pretty great price per unit and worth exploring and to make it less complicated I am going to switch to a standard comic/graphic novel format in order to make the process easier along the way. I have decided to go with a colour cover and do some colour prints but do the interior of the book in black and white, I know that I won't be able to do the whole back in colour while learning to use the program so best to just hold back and do some colour work and the rest in black and white and grey tones - this decision took a huge weight off of my shoulders. I would rather concentrate on drawing and story.
I am glad that I am taking my time with this, there is a lot to learn.
A.Shay Hahn
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment